VR General Practitioner
Six months fixed term - parental leave replacement position
- Make a meaningful contribution to the health, wellbeing and dignity for people who identify as transgender or gender diverse, lesbian, gay or bisexual
- Be part of a purpose-driven organisation committed to community development and a social model of health
- Employees can access attractive not-for-profit salary packaging arrangements
Your Community Health is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced VR General Practitioner to join the GP Medical Practice and Specialist Clinics Team on a part time basis (negotiable between 7.6 and 15.2 hours per week). This is a parental leave replacement position, fixed term for six months. Hours and conditions for this role are negotiable. This position is part of the Trans and Gender Diverse (TGD) Health Initiative.
Your Community Health provides a comprehensive range of medical, dental and allied health services and support programs to anyone, through a combination of outreach, client-based and centre-based activities. Our purpose is to enable health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We provide priority access to those most at risk of health inequalities and those that may face barriers to accessing traditional health services.
About the role
Reporting to Acting Manager Medical Practice and Specialist Clinics, the VR General Practitioner will work as part of a unique and exciting health initiative; the Trans and Gender Diverse (TGD) Health Initiative, providing TGD affirmative health services that reflect and serve the needs of the TGD community. Our service is also committed to supporting the needs of lesbian, gay and bisexual community members.
Your passion and commitment will see you:
- Provide quality GP and sexual health medical services for people who identify as Trans and Gender Diverse, including:
- mental health
- sexual health
- hormone management
- vaccinations and preventative health care; and
- chronic disease management
- Be the primary provider to support patients to initiate hormone therapy.
- Provide quality care to members of gender and sexually diverse communities, including lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- AHPRA registration
- Fellowship with RACGP or RACP (Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine)
- Demonstrated experience in GP and/or sexual health medical services
What is on offer
You will join a dedicated, caring and talented team, with a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to professional and career development of all our staff and truly value work-life balance. Staff have access to generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits, discounted gym memberships and work in a great location, with free car parking, close to shops and cafes.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted directly at our recruitment hub at https://yourcommunityhealth.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/.
Applications must address the selection criteria contained in the position description as part of the cover letter.
For more information regarding this role please refer to the position description. For further enquiries contact: Natalie Calleja, Acting Manager Medical practice and Specialist Clinics on 0438 541 289.
Your Community Health is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and retaining people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability